HUSTLE WEEK 2010 by Moondog
Hey there boys and girls in radioland, it's that time of year again – HUSTLE WEEK. That is to say, we're conducting our third annual fund drive/awareness week from November 29th through December 3rd. We've got a whole lot of exciting things lined up for you during that week, as evidenced by the schedule below. First, though, the basics:
From November 29th to December 3rd KWUR is conducting its fundraising drive, Hustle Week. KWUR is run on a shoestring budget that has been dramatically cut twice in recent years and there is no guarantee that the budget will not be cut again in the future. In the past, fundraising dollars have been spent on essentials like shelves for the 45s and promotional schedule posters. If enough money is raised, it can be used to help pay for an improved KWUR Week, better equipment in the station or even music acquisitions. If you care about KWUR and appreciate the quality programming KWUR provides every day and you've got five or ten dollars to spare, we'd really appreciate any help you can give us.
If you'd like to donate, you can:
1) Stop by the station whenever there's a show and donate directly to a DJ.
2) Call in a pledge at (314) 935-5952 and mail a check made out to KWUR and your gift preference to:
KWUR 90.3 FM
Campus Box 1205
One Brookings Dr.
St. Louis, MO 63130
We at KWUR would like to thank you for your donation and support through various gifts such as stack samplers, silk screened t-shirts, custom station IDs and even having a part of the station named after you. Gift-price list forthcoming, stay tuned.
And the schedule:
- Tabling at the DUC from noon – 2pm, with DIY stenciling. Bring something that you'd like stenciled, we'll provide the paint and neat-o KWUR stencils.
- Tabling at the DUC from noon – 2pm, tabling at the South Forty House from 6-8. We'll be doing a live broadcast at the South Forty House, so stop by and get yrself on air.
- More tabling, same as above. There will be a live band banging out some tunes at the South Forty House, and if you make a nominal contribution, they'll write a song about YOU.
- All night broadcast, 8pm – 8am. Join us on air or at the station while be play the best, weirdest, most fun stuff we can find in the stacks and our personal collections. There will be plenty of late night ramblings, live in studio performances from Pretty Little Empire and other local bands, and some super secret call-in guests.
- KWUR and The Gargoyle Committee present: Monotonix with Heavy Cream, 8:30pm at the Gargoyle on campus. It's going to be absolutely nuts (understatement). Free for students, $10 for the public. More info here.
We'll be selling t-shirts, CD bundles and tickets to the show on Friday when we table, as well as handing out copies of the Stack Sessions Sampler vol. 1. And, let's be honest, we'll be making a lot of noise, because that's what we do best.
Them's the basics, but stay tuned for more announcements on our twitter feed in the coming days. Tell all your friends, tune in all week long for St. Louis' best underground radio, and throw us a little bit of cash if you can. Thanks to everyone at the station who has worked to make this happen. Remember, if you can't deliver it like a garage band, fuck it.